Smithsonian UK Charitable Trust
UK Charitable Trust
The Smithsonian UK Charitable Trust is an independent charitable trust established in England and Wales to advance the work of the Smithsonian Institution worldwide by means that are exclusively charitable under English law.
Registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (charity number 1147674), the Trust has been established to support charitable projects that leverage the scholarship, experience, and resources of the Smithsonian, funded by tax-efficient donations from UK donors. Trust-funded projects include:
- Museum exhibitions and related educational programming,
- Educational conferences, seminars, lectures, performances, and recordings,
- Fellowships, internships, and other scholarship programmes,
- The acquisition and care of collection items, and
- Scientific research initiatives.